3 Course Low-Carb Dinner for Valentine's Day
Written by SuperFat Staff
on February 11, 2021
Appetizer: Flatbread 2 Ways
- Brie, Pancetta, Leek, & “Apple” w/ Arugula and White Balsamic Reduction
- Butternut Squash, Caramelized Onion, & Goat Cheese with Kale
Ingredients for the flatbread:
- 190g. of your prefered flatbread mix
- 1c. Warm Water
- 4T. Unsalted Butter, softened
- 2 eggs
Directions for the flatbread:
- Mix all ingredients together in your mixer fitted with a paddle or dough hook attachment.
- Let rise in a warm area or in your oven on the “proof” setting for 1 hour.
- Divide the dough into two equal portions using a kitchen scale. Mine weighed 9oz. each.
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Roll between two pieces of parchment into a circle or oval, 1/4in. thick.
- Remove the top layer of parchment. Transfer to sheet trays. Bake both flatbreads for 15 minutes.
- Drizzle of Olive Oil
- 2oz. Sliced Brie
- 1/2oz. Sautéed Leeks
- 2oz. Pancetta, cooked until crispy
- 2oz. Grilled Chayote “Apples”: For these, peel, core and slice one Chayote Squash. Simmer in 1c. Water + 2T. Lemon Juice + 3T. Lakanto until fork-tender. Then Grill.
- Sprinkle of Dried Aleppo Chiles
- 1/4c. Arugula (added after baking)
- Topped with White Balsamic Reduction
- 1T. Garlic Purée
- 1oz. Caramelized Onions
- 1/2c. Lacinato Kale, Chiffonade
- 1.5oz. Roasted Butternut Squash
- 1T. Chopped Sage
- 3oz. Goat Cheese
Place Flatbreads back in the oven for 10 minutes, or until the cheese melts.
Finish “Apple” Flatbread with Olive Oil & Sea Salt on both.
Main Dish: Spaghetti Squash & Meatballs
Ingredients for the meatballs:
- 1lb ground beef
Directions for meal:
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Split Spaghetti Squash in half lengthwise, then scoop out the seeds.
- Rub with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Wrap in aluminum foil, and bake for 45 minutes to an hour.
- Shred the inside of the squash with a fork and scoop out. This will be very easy to do without any resistance. Transfer to a bowl and set aside. Save squash “shell”.
- For the meatballs, add a pinch of salt and pepper to ground beef, then shape into 1-½ inches balls and brown meatballs over medium heat.
- Mix meatballs, sauce (use your prefered low-carb marinara sauce), and spaghetti squash together.
- Fill squash shells with mixture and top with mozzarella.
- Broil until golden brown.
Dessert: Chocolate Pudding Pie with SuperFat Fudge Brownie Crust
Ingredients for brownie crust:
- 1pkg. Superfat Fudge Brownie Mix
- 3 large eggs
- 3/4c. melted butter or coconut oil
- 1/2c. almond flour
Directions for crust:
- Preheat oven to 350F. Spray a tart pan well with cooking spray.
- Add all ingredients to a mixer fitted with a whisk or paddle attachment. Mix until well combined.
- Press into tart pan, including up the sides. It will rise in the oven so don’t panic.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes. While still hot, carefully press down with an espresso press or something similar. Then lay a piece of parchment on top of brownie crust, set a stock pot filled with on top in center. This will weigh the crust down. Let sit like this until cooled completely.
Ingredients for chocolate pudding pie filling:
- 140g. of your prefered low-carb chocolate pudding mix
- 2c. almond milk, divided
- 2T. butter
- 8oz. cream cheese, softened (room temp)
- 1/4t. xanthan gum
Directions for pie filling:
- Mix together pudding mix and 1c. almond milk. Let sit for 3 minutes.
- Add to a pot and simmer until all granules have disappeared. Add another cup of almond milk and butter. Stir until combined.
- Transfer to a pan and let cool in the fridge, approximately 3 hours.
- Once cool. Whip cream cheese in a mixer on high with paddle attachment. Add in all of your pudding and sprinkle in xanthan gum. Mix until combined, occasionally scraping down the sides.
- Pour into cooled brownie crust and spread evenly. Let it sit overnight.
- Once set, pipe the Vanilla Buttercream frosting (we used Just Made Keto) into desired design along the rim. Shave dark chocolate on top.
Author: SuperFat Team
The SuperFat Team work to bring you keto, paleo, and healthy insights to fuel your health, fitness, and well-being.
Recipe & Photo Credits: Michelle Rocket (@queer_on_keto)