Capture all the flavors and textures with a Chinese 5 spice crusted steak over a crispy bed of greens and raw vegetables. Drizzle it all with a creamy SuperFat dressing bursting with umami flavor.
Best for: Keto & Paleo Meal Option
- 10 minutes
- 16 minutes
- 0 minutes
- 26 minutes
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 8 oz boneless steak
- 1 tsp Chinese 5 spice
- 2 cups salad greens
- 1/4 cup red cabbage, shredded
- 1/4 cup carrots, shredded
- 1/4 cup snap peas, halved
- 1 pouch SuperFat Macadamia Coconut Nut Butter
- 1 Tbsp coconut aminos
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2 Tbsp green onion, chopped
- 2 Tbsp raw macadamia nuts, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350F. In an ovenproof skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Pat steak dry then season with Chinese 5 spice and salt and pepper to taste.
- Place steak in the hot pan and sear 3-4 minutes per side, until brown. Transfer pan to oven for 6-10 minutes, until cooked to desired doneness. Cook times will vary with thickness.
- Remove steak from the oven and rest for 10 minutes then slice against the grain.
- In a small bowl, whisk SuperFat Probiotic Nut Butter with coconut aminos, fish sauce, and lime juice until smooth.
- Divide greens, cabbage, carrots, and snap peas between two plates. Top with sliced steak then drizzle with dressing. Garnish with green onion and macadamia nuts.
- 2 (2.5 cups)
Nutritional Information per Serving
- Calories 534.7 kcal
- Fat 38g
- Total Carbs 13.1g
- Sugars 5.6g (Sugar Alcohols 0g)
- Fiber 4.9g
- Sodium 477.6mg
- Protein 39.6g
Looking for more healthy macadamia nut-based recipes? Or looking for information on the health benefits of macadamia nuts? We've got you covered.