Keto Birthday Recipes
Written by SuperFat Staff
on March 18, 2021
SuperFat's got two perfect birthday recipes that everyone will love!
SuperFat Cheddar, Bacon & Scallion Pancakes
Ingredients for Pancakes:
- 1 Serving of SuperFat Keto Pancake Mix prepared as bag instructed (ingredients below) - 9g carbs
- ½ cup dry mix
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp water or almond/oat milk
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese - 0.3g carbs
- 1/2 medium scallion (green part) - 0.5g carbs
- 2 slices of cooked bacon - 0.2g carbs
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil – 0g carbs
Ingredients for Chipotle Crema
- 2 Tbsp whole fat sour cream - 2g carbs
- 1/4 Tbsp chipotle in adobo sauce - 1g carbs
- Prepare SuperFat Keto Pancake Mix in a medium bowl and set aside. Chop bacon and green part of scallion then add to the batter. Sprinkle in cheddar cheese and mix lightly until all elements are combined. Make sure not to over mix as you want to retain the fluffiness of the batter!
- Set batter aside and prepare Chipotle Crema by mixing sour cream of adobo sauce* together in a small bowl
- Heat a pan under medium heat and add coconut oil to pan
- Once coconut oil is melted, place ¼ cup of batter in pan and cook until golden brown. Flip and brown on the other side
- After making pancakes, serve in a stack with Chipotle Crema on top
- 13g carbs total - 4g carbs in ingredients plus the 9g carbs in the mix
If you don’t have access to a can of chipotle in adobo, you can also use chipotle powder and a pinch of salt. Use ¼ tsp of chipotle powder and if you want more flavor, slowly add more chipotle powder. It’s important to remember that you can add more, but you can’t take away!
It’s Yo Birthday SuperFat Protein Balls
Ingredients for Keto Protein Balls:
- 1½ cup almond flour – 36g carbs
- ¾ cup SuperFat Macadamia Coconut Nut Butter – 12g carbs
- 2 scoops vanilla protein powder (I use Vega Vanilla with Greens Protein) – 8g carbs
- 2 tbsp coconut oil – 0g carbs
- 2 tbsp vanilla extract – 3.2g carbs
- Optional: Sprinkles for serving – 3g carbs per 1 tsp
- Sift almond flour and protein powder together in a fine, mesh strainer (you can skip this step and just mix the two together, but the sifting gives the balls a lighter texture so I recommend!)
- Add in the rest of the ingredients and mix until you get a thick dough consistency. I use your hands to get it all mixed very well!
- Scoop balls out in a heaping tablespoon and roll together in your hands
- If using sprinkles, place sprinkles in a small bowl and roll the protein balls to coat
- Store in fridge and enjoy!
- 4.2g carbs per protein ball
- 14 protein balls
Author: SuperFat Team
The SuperFat Team work to bring you keto, paleo, and healthy insights to fuel your health, fitness, and well-being.
Recipe & Photo Credits: Cream of the Kale