Smother juicy chicken breasts in a sweet and tangy pesto sauce made from fresh arugula, basil and raw macadamia nuts. This easy weeknight meal comes together quickly and will easily satisfy a crowd.
Best for: Keto & Paleo Meal Option
- 5 minutes
- 18 minutes
- 0 minutes
- 23 minutes
- 1 Tbsp + 1/4 cup olive oil, divided
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tsp lemon pepper
- 1/4 cup raw macadamia nuts
- 2 cups arugula
- 1/2 cup basil
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 Tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 large lemon, juiced
- Preheat oven to 350F. In a large ovenproof skillet, heat 1 Tbsp olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Pat chicken dry then season with lemon pepper and salt to taste.
- Add chicken to hot skillet and sear 3-4 minutes per side. Transfer skillet to the oven for 6-10 minutes, until cooked through. Cook times will vary based on thickness. Remove and rest 5-10 minutes then slice.
- In a food processor or high speed blender, combine macadamia nuts, arugula, basil, garlic, nutritional yeast, lemon juice, remaining 1/4 cup olive oil, and salt and pepper to taste. Pulse until combined but still slightly chunky.
- Smother chicken slices in pesto.
- 4 (2-4 chicken breasts)
Nutritional Information per Serving
- Calories 417.2 kcal
- Fat 28.5g
- Total Carbs 3.2g
- Sugars 0.9g (Sugar Alcohols 0g)
- Fiber 1.2g
- Sodium 178.5mg
- Protein 36.8g
Looking for more healthy macadamia nut-based recipes? Or looking for information on the health benefits of macadamia nuts? We've got you covered.