Start your day out with a savory blend of freshly made macadamia ricotta, kale, sun-dried tomatoes, and a perfectly baked egg.
Best for: Keto & Paleo Breakfast Options
- 5 minutes
- 12 minutes
- 0 minutes
- 17 minutes
- 1/2 cup raw macadamia nuts
- 1/2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 cup kale, chopped
- 2 Tbsp coconut cream
- 3 Tbsp dry-packed sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 2 eggs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375F. Grease two small ramekins or a small casserole dish. Set aside.
- In a food processor, combine macadamia nuts, lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, 2 Tbsp water, and salt and pepper to taste. Process until coarsely blended and creamy.
- Transfer ricotta mixture to a bowl and add arugula, sun dried tomatoes, coconut cream, and salt and pepper to taste. Stir well to combine.
- Spread ricotta-arugula mixture at the bottom of prepared ramekins or casserole dish and make 2 divots for the eggs. Crack and egg into each divot.
- Transfer to the oven and bake for 8-12 minutes, until egg whites are set.
- Enjoy warm.
Nutritional Information per Serving
- Calories 447.5 kcal
- Fat 43g
- Total Carbs 10.4g
- Sugars 4.9g (Sugar Alcohols 0g)
- Fiber 4.3g
- Sodium 75.7mg
- Protein 10.6g
Looking for more healthy macadamia nut-based recipes? Or looking for information on the health benefits of macadamia nuts? We've got you covered.